How Quadrant Polyurethane Spray Foam Insulation Can Work for Your Home
Quadrant is energy efficient insulation that creates a comfortable home environment for you and your family. Upgrading your home with Quadrant’s line of spray foam insulation can help:
- Stop air leakage and infiltration from taking place
- Lower your utility bills
- Provide exceptional indoor air quality
- Reduce HVAC costs
- Act as an air barrier, moisture retarder, and vapor retarder
Quadrant – A Green Building Insulation Solution
- Air seal is crucial for creating a green living situation, and for total building performance. Insulating with Quadrant home pray foam insulation means that you can drastically reduce carbon emissions, save on heating and cooling costs, and do your part to protect the environment!
- The use of sustainable insulation materials means that fewer building materials are required. Traditional roofing materials must be attached to the roof deck with metal fastenings, creating a thermal short or bridge from the conditioned building interior to the outside roof deck, which can quickly exceed temperatures of over 150 degrees in the summer months. Spray foam roofing does not require metal fastening, since the foam bonds directly to the roof deck in a continuous layer of insulation.
- Along with reducing air conditioning needs, spray foam helps protects the roof, potentially extending its lifetime.
There are 2 types of Quadrant QuadFoam – Open Cell Spray Foam and Closed Cell Spray Foam.
Open Cell Products:
- Open cell foam is soft – like a cushion or packaging material for protecting fragile objects. Open cell foam sprays expand once applied, allowing them to be installed in hard to reach, out of the way nooks and crannies.
- Open cell foam is not water resistant, but is a more affordable option than closed cell products (making it useful when airtight seals are not required).
Closed Cell Products:
- Closed cell foam has varying degrees of hardness, depending its density. Its density helps to prevent mold growth, and also strengthen walls to which it is applied.
- Closed cell foams provide better insulation because it is more resistant to water degradation or penetration, which includes moisture build-up.